New Mexico Training and Nurse Aide Registry (NAR)
Delfinia Sandoval, NAR Coordinator
2040 St. Pacheco Dr. 2nd Floor, Room 237
Santa Fe, New Mexico 87505
NAR Automated Number: (505) 827-1453
NAR Office: (505) 476-9040
NAR Fax: (505) 476-9026
Alternate Fax: (505) 476-9048
Hours of operation: 8 am to 5 pm (MT)
Online Access to Nurse Aide Registry
You may Search the Nurse Aide Registry using our online search form.
Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) Code of Federal Regulations
Requirements for approval of Nurse Aide Training and Competency
CNA Hearing Requirements
Nurse Aide Training and Competency Evaluation Program (NATCEP)
New Mexico Nurse Aide Competency Evaluation Program (NACEP)
Be advised all New Mexico Nurse Aide Registry Applications must be mailed to the address below:
ATTN: Prometric NM NA Program
7941 Corporate Drive
Nottingham, MD 21236
Toll Free: (866) 391-1945
Fax: (800) 813-6670
Hours of operation: 7 am to 4pm (MT)
Prometric is the leading global provider of comprehensive testing and assessment services and manages the New Mexico NACEP the following benefits are available:
- Clinical skills checklist
- NM Nurse Aide Registry Application
- NM Nurse Aide name/address change form
- 2012 Testing Calendar
- General Instructions for taking skills test
- Nurse Aide Certificate Sample Test
- Clinical skill test, space, equipment and supplies requirements
- Clinical skill timing information
- Indirect care behavior
- Measurement forms
A New Mexico Employment Verification Form is required for Recertification
Prometric will send you a Verification/Recertification Form every two years (45 days prior to certification expiration date). It is very important that candidates give Prometric their current mailing address and advise Prometric if there has been a name change. Be advised a Verification Form must be mailed to the address below:
Prometric Attn: NM NA Program, 7941 Corporate Drive, White Marsh, MD 21236 with a money order of $23.10 (renewal fee). Cash and personal checks are not acceptable, only money orders.
Reciprocity Certified Nurse Aide
(transfer from another state to New Mexico)
The list of documents below are required for Reciprocity (transfer) for CNAs to work in New Mexico. Copies may be faxed to (505-476-9026) or mailed to (2040 S. Pacheco St., 2nd Floor, Room 237, Santa Fe, New Mexico 87505) Delfinia Sandoval NM Nurse Aide Registry Coordinator.
- Current CNA certification
- Social Security Card
- Driver License or Photo I.D.
- Official mailing address
- Contact phone number(s)
Verification of Nurse Aide
A transfer of a CNA from New Mexico to another state requires a Verification Form from the state a CNA is transferring to (these forms are available from CNA Registry business office of other states). CNAs are responsible for acquiring the Verification Form from the State Nurse Aide Registry of a state other than New Mexico.
Once the Verification Form is acquired, do the following:
- Fill out top portion of the Verification Form with your individual information
- Forward the original to the NM CNA office: fax number (505) 476-9026 or mail to (2040 S. Pacheco St., 2nd Floor, Room 237, Santa Fe, New Mexico 87505.
- Once the Verification Form is received, the NM CNA Coordinator will verify your certification in the NM Registry, and will date, sign and stamp the official New Mexico Department of Health Nurse Aide Registry seal on the Verification Form and will mail it to the state you are transferring to.
CNAs must follow-up with the Nurse Aide Registry of the reciprocating state within 3-4 weeks